- Simplify and greatly speed up the tasks required at Gate
- Lessen the chance of sign-in errors and oversights by inexperienced or overloaded staff
- Eliminate the fuss needed to prove someone’s SCA membership – membership cards aren't essential, though in some cases alternate ID may be needed
- Help with optional gate activities like t-shirt distribution, bunkroom assignments and chore reminders
- Provide a detailed Gate Report to quickly reconcile attendance and on-the-spot payments for the Event Report, and also help calculate site fees, Kingdom Levy and Event Membership fees
- Provide the relevant incorporation with an electronic record of attendance and - where jurisdiction allows - event memberships/indemnities
Gatekeeper depends on you providing:
- Some kind of booking spreadsheet describing who booked and for what
- Enough time for the gate deputy to learn how it works - download the trial version now!
- A Windows laptop or similar at the event, with enough AC power or battery to be usable (internet at the event is not required)
Gatekeeper does not replace the need for:
- prior planning
- a Gate process manual and/or adequate training for casual staff
- printed copies of relevant schedules, Society rules etc. for viewing by attendees
- anything your local SCA incorporation says must still be handled on paper, such as sign-in forms for minors. Their requirements may change from time to time so, when in doubt, check!